Perplexing Pune

Perplexing Pune

Pune, like many other cities in India is strange, sometimes unexplainably so. For example no one seems to be able to explain why?? My wheeler has been picked up twice in four days when it was in a parking zone and parked clearly in the faint yellow parking demarcation painted on the side of the road?? It looks like I'm going to make my customary trip to Deccan Police Station. For the help of people who have got their vehicle towed (in my case picked up) in the Deccan. DPS (deccan police station) is behind the side screen of deccan cricket clubs' ground. In only a few minutes I'll be a 150 rupees lighter while a ever smilling mamu (policemen in pune is lovingly referred to as a mamu in mumbai it is pandu I think) writes you a chalan(receipt). If you, never have seen a pune traffic policemen, he is really hard to miss actually with spotless clean white uniform and is blue Nehru cap, and not to forget his overflowing paunch ... He likes his chaha (tea) and kanda poha (hard to explain really).

The Queen of the Deccan, Pune or formerly Poona never fails to perplex me.





Hi, We are templateify, we create best and free blogger templates for you all i hope you will like this blogify template we have put lot of effort on this template, Cheers, Follow us on: Facebook & Twitter