Diary from Murshidabad

October 2010, Murshidabad District, Bengal, India

Fields of Kash
-Fields of Kash;

No particular intention had brought me a Murshidabad District in Bengal, I might search my excuses and I can fabricate several. Making some pictures for a friends mother's NGO perhaps, a made-up magazine assignment etc. The simple matter is that I had decided one morning to leave and gets on a plane and then a car and reach there that very night. I had it in mind to travel around for two weeks and then go back.

 What was I looking for. I don't know myself. Looking back at myself through time, I have partly become a stranger to myself, feeling things utterly lost to me now. And yet I can explain him better than my present self, I was buried under my skin. My life was unfocused and directionless, I still had not made a home for myself after several half hearted efforts. All my belongings then were divided between an un-used flat in Bangalore and I spent months wandering around from one spare room in my parents house to another, mostly in Delhi. It had begun to feel as if I had never lived in any other way, nor will I ever settle down. It seemed that I couldn't seem to connect properly with the world. I felt this not as a failure of the world but as a massive failing in myself, I would have liked to change it but I didn't know how. In my clearest moments I had thought that I had lost the ability to love, people or places or things, most of all the person and place and thing that I was. Without love nothing has value, nothing can be made to matter very much. It wasn't a good place to be if you're a observer of the world, a photographer if you must insult me.

 In this state travel isn’t celebration but a kind of mourning, a way of dissipating yourself. So I move around from one place to another, not driven by curiosity but by the bored anguish of staying still. I spends a few days in riding pillion on a borrowed motorcycle - from village to village taking pictures of village women stitching kantas for a calendar. It was a simple village,I couldn't produce the necessary awe to the simplicity of such a life. Even early in the day the air is heavy and humid, green leaves burn with a brilliant glow, perhaps the pictures are just better then words.
Village Scene, Murshidabad
-Village Scene, Murshidabad

-Village Scene, Murshidabad

Statue of Liberty
-Statue of Liberty at Locak Bus station

Kaushik under the bridge
-Kaushik under the bridge

Fields of Kash
-Cycle etc

School girl with harmonium
-School girl with harmonium etc

Nimai Das Baul, on Tagore Express
Nimai Das Baul, on Tagore Express

Thank you for bearing with me.

Hi, We are templateify, we create best and free blogger templates for you all i hope you will like this blogify template we have put lot of effort on this template, Cheers, Follow us on: Facebook & Twitter